Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 21 - Very late indeed



Ok, I need to start off by saying that this blog is officially 2 weeks late, but I have good reason for it. We've been in Nicaragua working and just haven't had the time nor the internet availability to really update the blog. For those of you who are faithful followers of our miracle journey to parenthood, I'm sorry you had to wait so long.

During this week, Kai weighed about 3/4 of a pound and was approximately 10.5 inches long, the length of a carrot. Now, if you know me you know that carrots are my personal kryptonite. I choose to disregard this week's comparison to our little baby. Thank you Baby Center for telling me Kai is the length of something that causes me death. =) The Bump says that Kai is the length of bananas, which is more appropriate for our family since neither Lisa nor I like carrots but both of us love bananas.

Kai's eyebrows and lids are now present and he is fully active. Trust me this is definitely the case! He does flips, rolls, punches, kicks, etc. He really likes pounding on mama's bladder, which I must admit makes me laugh. "I GOTTA PEE...no wait, that's just KAI, STOP THAT NOW!" =) He really is one long little baby now. We went to see a doctor while here to check on Kai and had an ultrasound. They measured his little body and boy does that kid have some long legs, just like Daddy! A chip off the old block!

Kai is also starting to develop a schedule of activity. He is really active about 7-9 am and then in the evening around 10 pm. He has other times throughout the day, but that's when we notice the most. He is definitely one active little boy and we have started singing with him and talking with him regularly each day. It's a lot of fun to experience this little journey and I can't wait to have him out here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment