Friday, June 24, 2011

My fun little game!

So, I just wanted to share this because it has been really exciting the past couple of weeks. Kai has become really active now and moves around non-stop it seems like. Lisa is always saying, "Man, he is doing flips or something in there!" It is such a cool experience to feel Kai moving around, kicking, punching, etc.

I've actually made all of this into a fun little game. We take time regularly, either in the morning or evening to play with and talk to Kai. We sing to him, talk with him, pray with him, etc. It's not just fun to talk with him and feel him move around, but he actually responds to our voices and actions. When I sing to him, I'll sing a line, pressing on him with each word, and then I pause and he kicks back. I do the same when I talk with him or pray with him. He kicks in response to each line and it is such an amazing experience to already be playing with Kai and developing a relationship. It's hard to express, but I already feel a bond with him and at moments I cry because of the emotion I feel and the love that is growing in my heart, a love that is different than any other. I really don't have the words to express it adequately, which is a unique experience for me, being a man of sooooooooooooooo many words.

So, like I said, our little game is a great deal of fun. I could play for hours with him, but he eventually gets tuckered out and stops moving around so much. I take that back, I think he gets bored of my games and plays dead, knowing that I'll lose interest after about 5 minutes and as soon as I walk away, Lisa says, "Man, he is rolling like crazy." Oh Kai, you little opossum you! I pretty much have guessed that he DOESN'T like when I lay my head on her belly. I actually think I heard his heartbeat the other day and I lay down on her stomach to listen and feel him move around. When I do, he starts kicking my head and then moves to the other side. "Get off me, dad!" is what I imagine he is saying.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Kai loves sticking his little butt up against Lisa's belly. It's funny cause you can see her belly lop-sided when he is pressed against one side and if you feel it, you can definitely feel a little round bump that isn't his head. Yes, he has already develop the Sears bump! And, sometimes you can feel him from rump to head, tracing a long hard line down his back. It really is cool to do that! Lisa also says that he is going to be a baby that needs to be swaddled. She says he likes to find the little nooks and crannies of her uterus to hide in. "Oh look a fallopian tube, perfect place for my foot!"

God is such an amazing Creator and to witness this little body developing just confirms how amazing and loving He is. I can't imagine feeling the love of a father yet and won't really know until Kai is born, but if it is anything like what God feels for us, His love is incomprehensible and vast.

No comments:

Post a Comment