Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 25 - My little Eggplant!


15 weeks! I can't even begin to say how incredibly excited I'm getting. It's hard to believe that it has gone by so fast! This week Kai weighs around a pound and a half and is 13.5 - 14 inches long, although I think he's bigger than that! One website says he's the size of a rutabaga and the other an eggplant. I personally prefer the eggplant, as I don't even think I know someone that has eaten a rutabaga and I certainly don't know what they look like, except for what Wikipedia shows me. So, we're gonna go with eggplant.

His little body is starting to fill out with more and more baby fat, taking away that lean, wrinkly look and creating a smoother appearance, making him look more like a newborn each day. He is also growing more hair, which apparently if we could see in the womb we could tell it's color and texture. I'm hoping that he has a nice reddish tint to his hair, paying homage to his Irish roots. I didn't say I wanted a red-head, cause we all know that red-heads are a handful. I just want a nice reddish tint. And then I want him to have his mama's wavy hair. My straight, thick (well, it used to be thick) hair just isn't as much fun as some wavy locks.

Kai is also developing his sense of equilibrium, meaning he is learning to distinguish right-side up from up-side down. Trust me, he likes to go back and forth between the two. He does flips and spins all day long it seems like. If this is any indication, I think he inherited his daddy's energy level...sorry, Lisa! I just hope that he inherits her sleep habits. Let him be energetic when it's time to be awake, but then I want that boy to crash!

It's getting harder and harder counting the days. In some ways I'm ready for him to come, but in so many others I know there is still a lot to do and prepare. Soon we'll be able to start preparing a nursery and trust me, Lisa already has that "nesting" urge growing more each day. Can't wait to see you and hold you, Kai!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH you have missed a treat. Rutabaga's are so delicious when cooked southern style!
    I like Egg Plant too!

    ReplyDelete