Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 16...a little late

Ok, so I'm a few days late with week 16, but I've been really busy. This is gonna be purely factual because I'm exhausted and my creativity is on vacation for the moment. According to what I read, we better be ready for some major growth in the coming weeks. The baby is about to double its weight and add inches to its length the next couple weeks.

Right now our little one is the size of an avocado, about 4.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces. The legs are more developed, the head is more erect than it ever has been, and the eyes are getting closer to where they should be in front rather than on the sides. Her ears are just about where they need to be and her little scalp has started to form a pattern, although there isn't any hair yet. Trust me baby, I know the feeling. My hair had pattern at one time and now it's turning into male-pattern baldness.

She's started growing toenails and her heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood each day. Also, something we've recently noticed, our little one has decided that Lisa's bladder is a punching bag. We still can't see any movement and Lisa can't feel it per se, but she definitely knows that baby is doing something. I must admit that it is quite funny to be sitting with Lisa in the car and suddenly I hear, "OOOOHH, I have to go to the bathroom!" Then 2 seconds later, "Nope, nevermind...WAIT YES I DO...ooh, oh, I guess nottttt YEEESSS I DO!" It's kinda funny. Every little punch or kick makes her bladder go crazy. It is quite amusing I must admit. hehe...love you Licha!

No comments:

Post a Comment